Come join the Crested Butte Snowsports Foundation for the 2nd Annual Winter Gala!
This event is to share the history of the individuals who had an influence on our snow sports in the Gunnison Valley. This year we will be honoring Dick and Liz Eflin with the Gunnison Valley Snow Sports Heritage Award.
December 27th 2014 at The Sweet Spot
Proceeds will benefit student athletes and kids in the Gunnison Valley who participate in CBSF programs including Ski for PE! The cocktail formal event includes a silent and live auction as well as cocktails and an abundant amount of hors d’oeuvres.
Tickets are limited and are $100/individual or $200/couple. They are available to purchase online below or by phone at (970) 349-2830. Get them now and join us for the last best party of the year!
Buy Your Tickets Online
Thanks to Will Shoemaker for the great story featuring CBSF in this weeks Gunnison Country Times!
This year, the Crested Butte Snowsports Foundation and Crested Butte Nordic have joined forces to host the Snow Sports Swap!
On October 24th and 25th, find everything you need for the upcoming winter: alpine skis, snowboards, nordic equipment and backcountry gear. The Trackers Bar will be open and there will be slices from Mikey’s Pizza to purchase. A portion of all sales from local vendors and the public will benefit CBSF’s Scholarship fund and Crested Butte Nordic.
BONUS: Miss your early bird ski pass? CBMR will extend the early bird prices at the ski swap! Make sure you get your pass for $599!
Where: Mountaineer Square
When: Early Bird Special! Friday, October 24th, from 7pm-9pm – $10 at the door or free for CBSF members! Saturday, October 25th 9am–4pm – Free!
Drop off locations and times:
Gunnison, Western State College: Mountaineer Field House
October 23rd, 9:30am-11:30pm
October 24th, 12pm – 2pm
Crested Butte: 4-way stop
October 23rd, 3pm-5pm
October 24th, 8:30am – 10:30am
Mt. Crested Butte, Mountaineer Square:
October 24th, 2pm – 5pm
Pick Up Times and Location
All unsold gear must be picked up between 5-6 pm on Saturday October 24th. All gear that is not picked up will be donated.
Tips, Tricks and Frequently Asked Questions
How does this work?
-Customers bring in equipment for sale. A triplicate ticket form is filled out for each item. One slip is attached to the item, one slip is kept by the swap accounting staff, and one slip is given to the customer.
– If you have multiple items to sell, please make sure you bring them all in at once before you start filling out tickets AND make sure the tickets you are given are in sequential order. It makes checkout on Sunday MUCH more efficient.
– Sale will open at 7 pm on Friday night and close at 4 pm on Saturday afternoon.
– Customers can pick up their items that didn’t sell between 4 – 5 on Saturday, October 25th or choose to donate their items.
– CBSF and CBN will mail the customer a check within two weeks of the ski swap. No customers will be reimbursed for sold items the day of the sale. CBSF and CBN will take 20% from each seller’s total.
What if I forget to show up on Saturday to pick up my equipment?
– CBSF and CBN will donate all items that are not picked up by 5pm on Saturday, October 25th.
What is the 20% used for?
– The 20% will be applied towards the CBSF scholarship funds and Crested Butte Nordic’s annual expenses.
Can someone else drop off/pick up my equipment?
-Yes, but please make sure that whomever returns to pick up the equipment on Saturday has the appropriate ticket(s).
Is there any new equipment or is it all used?
– There will be a mix of new and used. Flatiron, Colorado Freeskier and Gene Taylor’s will be selling discounted hard and soft goods.
What kind of equipment is accepted?
-Alpine, nordic, randonee, and backcountry skis, boots, bindings and poles, snowboards and boots, ski/board/boot bags, helmets, googles, gloves, hats, coats, and other outerwear. We will only accept quality equipment that is in good condition. We will deny any items that are too old or in poor shape.
Please make sure any loose items are attached – for snowboard bindings, this might mean combining items into a heavy-duty Ziploc bag or tying them together so they are not separated. Please refrain from bringing items in boxes (unless you attach them to the box).