Date(s) - 11/04/2017 - 11/05/2017
Lodge at Mountaineer Square Ballroom
Friday, November 4, 2016 from 6 pm – 9 pm
Saturday, November 5, 2016 from 9 am – 1 pm
Title Sponsor – Alpine Orthopaedics
Title Sponsor of the Swap and Foundation supporter, Dr. Gloria Beim, Dr. Blake Clifton, and their Alpine Orthopaedics staff will be available during the event for medical evaluations for Swap attendees.
Pizza and refreshments will be available for sale both days of the event, so come hungry!
Remember, the best selection will be opening night, Friday, so make sure to mark your calendars to get there at 6pm!
Entrance Fee (Friday Night Only): $10/person (over the age of 12)
Drop Off Dates:
Thursday, November 3, 2016
– Gunnison Location: 9 am – 6 pm at Western’s Field House (500 E Ruby Ave.)
– Crested Butte Location: 9 am – 6 pm at 4 Way Stop (Downtown Crested Butte)
Friday, November 4, 2016
– Mt. Crested Butte Location: 9 am – 2 pm at The Lodge at Mountaineer Square (620 Gothic Rd.)
Early season pass pricing for CBMR is available at our Swap. This will be the last time in Crested Butte to purchase passes at the early season pricing. Pass prices have already gone up online, so don’t miss this opportunity!
Find everything you need for your upcoming winter season at the Snow Sports Swap at The Lodge at Mountaineer Square ballroom. From alpine skis to snowboards, nordic equipment to soft goods, you can pick up everything you may need (or have wanted!). A portion of the proceeds will benefit the scholarship program at the Crested Butte Snowsports Foundation.
Selling Your Gear:
We ask that you take time to pre-register for a Seller ID before dropping off your gear. This will save you time and your sanity! By pre-registering, your information will already be entered in our system, so at drop off you will bring your gear and not have to fill out much more. Together we will tag your items and you will be all set.
Tips, Tricks and Frequently Asked Questions:
How does this work?
- You will drop off your equipment to sell at one of the drop off locations and times. Please pre-register for a Seller ID before you drop off your gear. You will receive a ticket for each item dropped off. HOLD ON TO THESE TAGS – they will act as your receipt at pick up if some items to do not sell.
- If not all items sell, customers can pick them up after the Swap on Saturday, November 5 between 1:30pm and 3pm, or choose to donate the items to CBSF.
- CBSF will mail the seller a check for 75% of the cost of the gear sold, within two weeks of the Swap. No customers will be reimbursed for sold items the day of the sale.
- CBSF will receive 25% of the sales from the Swap.
What if I forget to pick up my equipment on Saturday?
- We will donate all items that are not picked up by 3pm on Saturday, November 5th.
Can someone else drop off and/or pick up my equipment?
- Yes, but please make sure that whomever returns to pick up the equipment on Saturday has the appropriate tags for your items.
Is there any new equipment, or is it all used?
- There will be a mix of new and used. Local ski shops will be participating and selling discounted goods and gear.
What kind of equipment is accepted?
- Alpine, Nordic, Randonee and Backcountry skis
- Boots, bindings and poles
- Snowboards and boots
- Ski, board and boot bags
- Helmets, goggles, gloves, hats, coats and other outerwear
We will only accept quality equipment that is in good condition. We will deny any items that are too old, or in poor shape.
Please make sure any loose items are attached – for snowboard bindings, this might mean combining items into a heavy-duty Ziploc bag or tying them together so they are not separated.
Please refrain from bringing items in boxes.
How can I volunteer?
- We welcome community volunteers for the Swap – it is a very volunteer-intensive event!
- You can sign up to volunteer below and thank you in advance!